Mountain bike trails can be long and demanding. It can take some time for someone to reach their destination and when you take on longer trails, you might want the best mountain bike hydration packs to keep you fully hydrated. Being hydrated is important to help you reach the full capacity of your abilities.
Since there are tons of hydration packs on the market today, you must find the options that are ideal for your needs. As mentioned, there are many different options. While doing a lot of research on the topic, we have come across some of the best mountain bike hydration packs on the market today.
|Osprey Syncro 5 Men’s Bike Hydration Backpack||Polyester/Mesh||85-ounces||$$$$||★★★★★|
|CamelBak M.U.L.E. Mountain Bike Hydration Pack||Canvas/Mesh||100-ounces||$$$$$||★★★★★|
|TETON Sports Oasis 1100 Hydration Pack||Polyester||68-ounces||$$||★★★★★|
|M.U.L.E. Mountain Biking Hydration Pack||Canvas/Mesh||100-ounces||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Osprey Savu Lumbar Bike Hydration Pack||Polyester||Holds water bottles||$$$||★★★★★|
|CamelBak Lobo Hydration Pack||Canvas/Mesh||100-ounces||$$$$||★★★★★|
Best Hydration Packs On The Market Today
Before revealing how we went about selecting the best hydration packs, we must focus on the top products. If you don’t want to spend some time searching through the different features, our buyer’s guide should allow you to find the top options. However, let’s get started with the best hydration packs:
Top Pick: Osprey Syncro 5 Men’s Bike Hydration Backpack
Osprey is one of the leading brands when it comes to the top hydration packs. The Osprey Syncro 5 Men’s Bike Hydration Backpack features a 2.5-liter capacity and should work wonders with your high-end mountain bike. It features the same shape as your standard harness, which means it should be comfortable for all-day use.
Multiple small pockets are located near the front of the unit, which means that it is easy to use when storing other valuables. The mesh inserts will provide some ideal ventilation and the helmet loop is a great way for one to carry the helmet along on the trip. It is one of the more expensive options, but worth the price.
- Large Capacity: The unit features a large capacity, which means it is much easier to drink from the backpack.
- Comfortable: Since it has the same shape as a harness, it will be ergonomic and comfortable to use.
- Breathable: Having mesh integrated into the design means the unit is breathable and will keep you from heating up.
- Price: Ospreys is one of the leading brands on the market today and this is one of their more expensive versions.
Most Popular Hydration Pack: CamelBak M.U.L.E. Mountain Bike Hydration Pack
CamelBak is similar to Ospreys and you will need to look at these top brands when looking for the best mountain bike hydration pack. The CamelBak M.U.L.E. Mountain Bike Hydration Pack has a capacity of almost 100-ounces, which means it is one of the best options when you need a very large capacity of water to carry you through.
The Crux Reservoir is one of the most useful options to consider. It is slightly different when compared to some of the others. According to the manufacturer, it will deliver 20% more water per sip and the canvas construction means the unit is one of the most durable. The unit should do a decent job at keeping your water cool.
- Cool Water: Nothing is more frustrating than having warm water. However, this backpack could give you cool water for longer.
- Powerful Reservoir: The reservoir is designed to give you up to 20% more water with every sip you take.
- Reliable Brand: If you want a reliable brand to go with your reliable bike, Camelbak is the ideal option.
- Magnetic Clip: One of the downsides is the magnetic clip, which does not always work perfectly at all times.
Best Multifunctional Hydration Pack: TETON Sports Oasis 1100 Hydration Pack
Not all of these hydration packs are the same and you will often find some of the unique options on the market today. The TETON Sports Oasis 1100 Hydration Pack is one of the most versatile options. It is a standard backpack, but the bladder will give you up to 2-liters of water that can be used for hydration at all times.
The unit is designed from durable nylon to ensure the unit will hold up through all the different facets of the journey. However, internally, there are numerous storage compartments for some of your backpacking accessories like the tools to fix your bike. We like the affordability of the unit and the comfort it provides.
- Affordable: As mentioned, this is one of the most affordable options on the market today and features numerous valuable features.
- Capacity: Having a 68-ounce capacity might not be much, but it will be ideal when you are looking at shorter trails.
- Versatility: The unit is extremely versatile and will offer you additional storage space while allowing you to upgrade your bladder pack as well.
- Small Bladder: You might have noticed that the unit only features a small bladder, which might not be enough for everyone.
Best-Looking Hydration Pack: M.U.L.E. Mountain Biking Hydration Pack
Hydration packs don’t need to look like boring backpacks. You have numerous options that could complement your mountain bike. The M.U.L.E. Mountain Biking Hydration Pack is one of the best-looking backpacks on the market today. The unit is made from canvas, with a mesh overlay that will promote breathability.
One of the top features is the adjustable sternum strap. The strap is perfect for providing you some stability and making sure the bladder will be in place. One of the main features of the CamelBak Hydration Packs is the Crux Reservoir, which should make it possible for you to drink more than 20% more per sip.
- Crux Reservoir: The crux Reservoir is touted to give you more than 20% additional water per sip for more hydration.
- Stylish Design: One of the best features is the stylish design, which means you have numerous different colors to choose from.
- Ventilation: The unit has one of the best ventilation systems with a mesh overlay that should allow air to easily pass through.
- Not For Left-Handers: One of the downsides is the design, which is not specifically designed for the lefties.
Best Lumbar Bike Hydration Pack: Osprey Savu Lumbar Bike Hydration Pack
If you are not looking for the biggest hydration packs, you might want to consider the Osprey Savu Lumbar Bike Hydration Pack. The unit is slightly different from some of your other hydration packs. It does not have an automatic reservoir that will be over your shoulder and into your mouth but serves as a water bottle holder.
Aside from keeping your water bottles in place, the unit is perfect for storing some of your valuables. It has large zippered pockets, which means you can store some of your personal belongings when you are riding on a tough trail. We have also noticed that the lumbar pack is waterproof for all your personal belongings.
- Durable: The unit is made from polyester, which means it is durable and perfectly weatherproof for all weather conditions.
- Holds 2 Water Bottles: It has two small holes, which will ensure you have multiple water bottles on you at all times.
- Price: The affordable price will make it one of the most affordable options 0on the market today.
- No Reservoir: Unfortunately, the unit does not have a reservoir to allow you to drink automatically.
Best Sleek Hydration Pack: CamelBak Lobo Hydration Pack
Last but certainly not least, we have one of the other top options on the market today. The CamelBak Lobo Hydration Pack has a capacity of 100-ounces, which means it should give you a ton of water and a high-end reservoir. As mentioned, the Crux Reservoir will add about 20% more water to every sip you take from the unit.
Additionally, the unit is one of the most unique options when it comes to storage. There are 3 storage pockets and since the unit is constructed from canvas materials, it will be waterproof and water-resistant. We have selected it as one of the best options in terms of style and it features a sleek and unique design.
- Crux Reservoir: The Crux Reservoir is one of the most unique options and should give you more water per sip.
- Sleek Design: We love the sleek design, which means it is one of the best-looking options on the market today.
- Capacity: The unit can hold up to 100-ounces of water, which should be enough for longer trails and trips.
- No Real Cons: The benefit is that you don’t have any real cons to deal with and the unit is perfect for all-mountain bikers.
What To Look For In The Best Mountain Bike Hydration Packs
Once you have looked at the best mountain bike hydration packs, you might notice that there are many more options on the market today. Water is an essential part of your mountain bike experience and should give you more energy. If you don’t like the above-mentioned options, you can look at some of these features we used to select the best options:
You must have a durable hydration pack. Most of the tough trails are often tackled in tough weather conditions. This means you need something waterproof to ensure that it does not penetrate the hydration pack. Durable materials like canvas and polyester can also withstand the sun and heat.
If you want to travel a longer distance, you will need to have the right capacity. 100-ounces seems to be the standard for longer trails. However, you don’t always need to have these large capacities. Additionally, one can look at some of the more affordable options, but the trade-off will be the capacity
Since you are carrying the backpack on your back all the time, it needs to be comfortable. The comfort relates to the design of the straps and the overall design. Mesh is often used as an overlay material for the straps, providing ventilation and comfort. We recommend looking for an ergonomic design and stability strap if possible.
Last but certainly not least, you have to consider the accessories of the unit. There are numerous different pockets that one needs to use. You must have the right pockets for your personal belongings. Having a stability pack is perfect for keeping the backpack strapped to your body and in place on your trips.
Hydration is vital and important when you are making the best out of your backpacking trips. Once you are fully hydrated, you will notice how much more comfort you have on your trip. The best mountain bike hydration packs are perfect for all riders and you will only need to find the one that feels the most comfortable.