One of the most important parts of your bike is the saddle. If you are looking for comfort, the most comfortable mountain bike seats will enhance your mountain bike experience and allow you to take on trails that might be more strenuous. These seats are comfortable for most mountain bikes and they can also be set up on any bike.
In the following article, we will have a deeper look at some of the best mountain bike seats. Since comfort is the focus of the article, we will look at seats that are designed for comfort. You might not find that weight is one of the main focal points. However, these seats will be ideal for your use on your mountain bikes.
8 Comfortable Mountain Bike Seats
|WTB Volt Pro Saddle||Plastic And Foam||All Sizes||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Brooks England B17 Bike Saddle||Stainless Steel And Leather||All Sizes/Shapes||$$$$$||★★★★★|
|Ergon SMC4 Sport Gel Saddle||Stainless Steel, Foam, And Gel||All Sizes||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Ergon Sm E-MTB Sport Saddle||Stainless Steel And OrthoCell Foam||Medium To Large||$$||★★★★★|
|WTB Rocket Saddle||Carbon Fiber And Foam||All Sizes||$$$||★★★★★|
|Ergon SM Pro Bicycle Saddle||Stainless Steel And OrthoCell Foam||All Sizes||$$$$||★★★★★|
|selle ITALIA Diva Gel Flow Women’s Bicycle Saddle||Stainless Steel, Leather, And Gel||Small To Medium||$$$$$||★★★★★|
|Planet Bike A.R.S. Classic Black Bike Seat||Stainless Steel And Foam||All Sizes||$||★★★★★|
Most Comfort Mountain Bike Seats On The Market Today
Before we look at some of the top features, the most comfortable mountain bike seats are designed for the top bikes. If you have a budget mountain bike, you can also attach one of these seats and it should make the bike more comfortable. Here are the options that we have selected to ensure you get the best possible seat on the market today:
Top Pick: WTB Volt Pro Saddle
The WTB Volt Pro Saddle is one of the top options for expert riders. It comes with a solid price tag, but you will receive an intricate saddle with an ergonomic design. The WTB Volt Pro Saddle features a flex-turned shell, which means the shell will bend and move according to your body movements. Additionally, The DNA foam molds to the shape of your body.
A special upward design on the sides of the seat will offer you comfort when pushing down on the saddle. This will make it much easier when you are pushing against the saddle and looking to create more comfort. As for the mounting, it has a universal mounting design, allowing you to mount it to almost every bike.
- Lightweight: At only 226-grams, it is one of the lightest options to ensure you don’t add additional weight.
- Curved Design: The curved design adds more advantages for the rider. You can step on the pedals and push into the pedals.
- Ergonomic: You will notice that most of the saddles on the list are ergonomic, which means they are designed for your body.
- Price: One of the downsides is the price, and this is an expensive option when compared to similar saddles.
Best Leather Saddle: Brooks England B17 Bike Saddle
When it comes to the best saddles, durability is one of the top features one needs to consider. The Brooks England B17 Bike Saddle is made from 100% genuine leather, which means it is extremely durable. The saddle is one of the hardest options on the market today, but it has small ventilation holes for comfort.
One can choose to have a narrow design or wide design. There are tons of different saddle shapes one can choose from. However, the wider design will be much more comfortable for some of the larger bike riders. Durable stainless steel is used for the frame to ensure the unit does not break down from the inside.
- Durable: Due to the leather construction, it is arguably one of the most durable options on the market today.
- Multiple Shapes: Aside from the different sizes, there are numerous different shapes to choose from for your bike.
- Ventilated: The pores and holes located in the saddle will create an opportunity to have additional ventilation.
- Hard Seat: The only downside is that there is no additional foam that will create some padding for your ride.
Best Gel Seat: Ergon SMC4 Sport Gel Saddle
If you have some funds, you might want to consider having a gel seat. The gel is a moldable substance that will move along with your body. We have selected the Ergon SMC4 Sport Gel Saddle, which features a microfiber cover and foam. The foam has a gel insert, which improves the comfort of the overall seat and experience.
As for the design, it might seem like a tricky saddle. However, the design is made to give you comfort. When it comes to the sides of the unit, it is curved up to ensure you have pressure to rely on when you need to add effort. The unit is designed to protect some of the soft areas of your body and give you as much comfort as possible.
- Gel Insert: The gel insert is great for comfort and should allow the padding to shift with the movement of the bike.
- Durable: The microfiber is comfortable and durable, which means that it does not tear apart as easily.
- Stylish: One of the main reasons for including the saddle is the stylish design and it is available in numerous sizes.
- Not For Heavy Riders: One of the downsides is the different effects that have been experienced. Heavy riders might not have comfort from the gel.
Best Mountain Sports Bike Saddle: Ergon Sm E-MTB Sport Saddle
Competitive cycling is one of the fastest-growing industries and while you will need to consider comfort, you also need to look at the weight. The Ergon Sm E-MTB Sport Saddle is one of the lightest options on the market today. It is also affordable and it has a stylish design that will offer you a unique shape.
In terms of comfort, Ortholite foam has been implemented. The technology will give you cushioning, which is similar to EVA. This means that you will have a saddle that will mold to the shape of your body. The sporty design is one of the main reasons we have selected it. It can also easily attach to most of your mountain bikes.
- OrthoCell Cushioning: You have a cushion that is similar to that of EVA and it will mold to the shape of your body.
- Sporty Design: The sporty design means the unit is lightweight and it will offer comfort for the rider.
- Affordable: Lastly, it is one of the most affordable options on the market. However, the brand is also very reliable.
- Shape: It has a unique shape as we have mentioned. Unfortunately, everyone does not enjoy the shape.
Best Entry-Level Saddle: WTB Rocket Saddle
There are tons of different saddles on the market today. However, beginners don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars if they have an entry-level bike. The WTB Rocket Saddle is one of the top budget options. The saddle is constructed from carbon fiber and foam, which has been covered by fabric to ensure stability.
Much like the other WTB saddles, you will notice the curve in the sides of the saddle. The curves are comfortable and will allow you to push into the saddle when stepping on the pedal. The universal fitting ensures that almost anyone can mount the unit and it should only take a couple of minutes to be mounted to your bike.
- Lightweight: Since carbon fiber has been used in construction, it will remain one of the most affordable options.
- Affordable: As mentioned, it is an affordable option, which has been specifically designed for beginners.
- Ergonomic: The saddle has numerous ergonomic features, including the curved shape when stepping on the pedals.
- Durability: The only downside is durability. Unfortunately, the foam and materials might tear occasionally.
Best Ergonomic Saddle: Ergon SM Pro Bicycle Saddle
As you might have noticed, we place a lot of emphasis on the ergonomic of the saddle. When it comes to the most comfortable bike seats, the Ergon SM Pro Bicycle Saddle stands at the top of the list. It is made with OrthoCell Foam and AirCell technology that allows the saddle to give you a comfortable sitting.
While the saddle has been specifically designed for men, it can be used by women as well. However, the ventilation system has been designed to be comfortable for men. It should allow airflow to pass through the seat and cool you down. Ergon also gives the users a 2-year warranty that should ensure you have peace of mind.
- AirCell Technology: The unit features air pockets, which will add some comfort and allow the saddle to mold to your body.
- Ventilation: Having additional ventilation means the unit could keep the saddle cool and comfortable over the long-run.
- Warranty: As mentioned, you have a 2-year warranty that will ensure the unit can be used fully.
- Men Only: Unfortunately, the unit is designed mostly for the male riders, which means it will not be ideal for your wife.
Best Saddle For Women: selle ITALIA Diva Gel Flow Women’s Bicycle Saddle
Since we have included a saddle specifically for the men, we must add one for the female riders. Women tend to like the top mountain bikes and we have selected the selle ITALIA Diva Gel Flow Women’s Bicycle Saddle. The saddle is made from solid leather and silicone gel that will mold to the shape of your body.
When it comes to ventilation, the leather has a ventilated design, with pockets and pores that ensure the air that could pass through. Additionally, the manufacturer has added a large slit through the leather, which means it is comfortable for women. The slit will ensure that air will keep any female rider cool and the small size is women’s-specific.
- Ventilated: The ventilated design is comfortable and will ensure that air comfortably passes through the seat.
- Durable: Having leather form part of the construction reduces the risk of the unit being damaged or tearing.
- Gel Insert: The gel insert is ideal when it comes to comfort and it should form an ergonomic hub of comfort.
- Price: Since leather is one of the most durable materials, it is no surprise that the saddle is expensive.
Best Budget Saddle: Planet Bike A.R.S. Classic Black Bike Seat
Comfort is important, but since you need to pay expensive prices for some of these saddles, it is often best to look at some of the cheaper options. The Planet Bike A.R.S. Classic Black Bike Seat is a comfortable and affordable option. The saddle is made from solid foam, which means that air can pass through the saddle and create pockets.
The design is very simple and you don’t have any special features, but the ventilation design means it can be used over the long run. The seat remains lightweight with the stainless steel fittings for your budget bike. However, it lacks some of the durability that some of the other top options on the market will have.
- Air Pockets: The air pockets will ensure that the saddle has a comfortable feeling when you are riding long distances.
- Universal Saddle: The fitting on the saddle means you can comfortably fit the unit to all the bikes you own.
- Price: It has one of the budget prices and should be very affordable for most riders just starting in the industry.
- Durability: Unfortunately, the saddle lacks a little bit of durability, which might not be ideal for top riders.
How To Choose The Most Comfortable Mountain Bike Seats
When you have selected the most comfortable mountain bike seats, you will have a better riding experience. However, there are numerous different features to consider before making the purchase. In the following section, we have isolated the main features, which mean you can choose a different saddle from the options we listed:
One of the first options to consider is the durability of the saddle. Since you will need the saddle to last you many years into the future, microfibers tend to be some of the most affordable options. However, leather and synthetic leather is durable but expensive. If you have a high-end bike, they should spice up the look of the bike.
There is numerous form of different cushioning one can consider. Foam is one of the most common and it should act the same way as EVA would. This means the saddle will mold to the shape of your body and give you a comfortable seat. However, the gel will move and shift with the movement of the bike and provide all-around comfort.
Not all mountain bike saddles can be mounted in the same way. Often, you will need to ensure that the saddle can be fitted. However, the mounting of all the saddles we selected seems to be universal. This means you should be able to mount it to almost any of your mountain bikes regardless of the materials of the bike.
Last but certainly not least, every saddle needs to have some form of ventilation. Men’s ventilation is slightly smaller than the ventilation for women. However, you need some form of ventilation to ensure sweat does not build up. Ventilation holes should be made in the middle of the saddle. However, ventilated materials are much more useful
If you are looking for the most comfortable mountain bike seats, you should consider some of the options we have selected. These saddles are high-end and will give you years of use. You don’t need the most expensive mountain bike saddle. However, it is best to spend a little more and have a comfortable riding experience.