When you enter your garage or someone else’s, you can often find that it is very cluttered and there is often not enough storage space for any of their personal belongings. However, the Best Racks for Storing Bikes in the Garage can help you store more of your personal belongings, while the mountain bikes are kept out of harm’s way.
There are numerous racks you can choose from for your garage. However, only a few of them are worth the time and value. In the following article, we will look at the top options to help you find a storage rack for your garage that is the most useful. The small buyer’s guide will give you a detailed overview of the features we have used for selecting the Best Racks for Storing Bikes in the Garage.
|Materials||Bike Capacity||Weight Capacity||Price||Ratings|
|Feedback Sports Velo Wall Rack||Aluminum||1 Bike||70-pounds||$$$||★★★★★|
|WallMaster Bike Rack Garage Storage||Steel||5 Bikes||440-pounds||$$$$$||★★★★★|
|Monkey Bars Bike Storage Rack 2.0||Steel||6 Bikes||300-pounds||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Koova Wall Mount Bike Storage Rack||Steel||6 Bikes||200-Pounds||$$$$||★★★★★|
|StoreYourBoard Bike Storage Rack||Aluminum||5 Bikes||200-pounds||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Steadyrack Bike Rack||Carbon Steel||1 Bike||77-pounds||$$$$||★★★★★|
Best Racks for Storing Bikes In The Garage
While you can spend hours selecting the features and understanding which features make these bike storing racks the best, you will ultimately need to find the right option. Before we dive into these specific features, the following options are available for you to select. Now, you can find the best racks for storing bikes in the garage:
Top Pick: Feedback Sports Velo Wall Rack
The Feedback Sports Velo Wall Rack is one of the first options on the list. It features solid aluminum construction and easily mounts to your walls. The solid aluminum construction is lightweight and all the mounting gear is included. Additionally, the rack features rubber holding points to protect your high-end mountain bikes.
Once you have the rack mounted to the wall, you will find that it can hold up to 70-pounds. The 70-pound weight limit will ensure that your bike is mounted vertically and also serves as a display against the wall. The Feedback Sports Velo Wall Rack is also powder-coated, which makes it more durable and resistant to weather conditions.
- Rubber Holding: The rack features points with rubber tips that will sufficiently protect the bike frame.
- Display Style: The unit might only be able to hold one bike. However, it has a useful display style to keep the bikes secure.
- Weight Capacity: While most bikes are lightweight, the storing capacity of 70-pounds is significant for larger bikes.
- One Bike: Unfortunately, the rack can only hold one bike, which reduces the functionality of the setup for families.
Best High-End Bike Rack: WallMaster Bike Rack Garage Storage
WallMaster is one of the top storage brands on the market today and the WallMaster Bike Rack Garage Storage is made from solid steel. Once mounted, the unit is 16.5-inches in total length and it can hold 5 bikes simultaneously. The total weight capacity of 440-pounds, make it one of the most durable options available.
It is a bit more tricky to set up than some of the others and you will need to drill solid holes to have it connected sufficiently. On the sides of the bike rack, there is additional storage space for one to add up to 3 mountain bike helmets. You can use the bikes for your hitch-mounted bike rack and move them to your garage.
- Weight Capacity: The bike rack can hold a staggering 440-pounds, which is far more than some of the others.
- Reliable Brand: WallMaster is one of the most reliable brands on the market today and gives you value for your money.
- Holds 5 Bikes: If you and your family love cycling, the garage-mounted bike rack offers a lot of storage space.
- Price: Unfortunately, it is one of the most durable options on the market today, but it will be worth the price.
Best Storage Rack: Monkey Bars Bike Storage Rack 2.0
One of our favorite options is the Monkey Bars Bike Storage Rack 2.0, which features solid steel construction and durable powder coating for additional protection. The rack can hold up to 6 mountain bikes comfortably. Since it holds so many bikes, you have a weight capacity of up to 300-pounds for larger bikes to be accommodated.
The unit features contoured hooks that have been specifically designed and bent to give you an angle to hang the bikes. These bikes will be held vertically, but they are secured at the base of the wheels to keep the rims protected. Having rubber placed over the hooks can protect the wheels and ensure that you can comfortably use these hooks.
- Holds 300-pounds: 300-pounds is quite a large weight capacity that will ensure you can hold all the bikes.
- 6 Mountain Bikes: Much like the other high-end options, it will hold up to 6 mountain bikes comfortably.
- Durable: Due to the construction of solid steel, it is one of the most durable options on the market today.
- Large Bikes: Unfortunately, people have had issues when it comes to mountain some of the larger mountain bikes.
Best Storage Rack For 6 Bikes: Koova Wall Mount Bike Storage Rack
If you are looking for something very easy to mount and set up, the Koova Wall Mount Bike Storage Rack is one of the best options available. It is made from solid heavy-gauge steel materials and all the assembly tools have been included. Once mounted, it can comfortably hold 6 bikes in a vertical position.
The total weight limit is 200-pounds and it features hooks that have been angled to keep your bike safe and secure. These hooks are also much larger and will be sufficient for some of the fat tire bikes you might have. However, there might not be enough space for you to add all 6 of your bikes to the wall simultaneously.
- 6 Bikes: According to the manufacturer, the hanger or storage rack can hold up to 6 bikes at the same time.
- Weight Capacity: As mentioned, the weight capacity is a massive 200-pounds for heavier bikes to be secured.
- Easy Installation: All the tools and features have been added to ensure you can quickly install the unit.
- Hard To Fit All Bikes: It is hard to fit all of the bikes on the rack due to a small space around the hooks.
Best Garage Storage For 5 Bikes: StoreYourBoard Bike Storage Rack
The StoreYourBoard Bike Storage Rack is very similar to some of the previous options we have discussed. It is made from aircraft-grade aluminum, which might not be as solid as steel. However, it is lightweight and reduces the strain on your wall. The powder coating will keep the rack protected and ensure that it does not corrode.
Much like the other large storage racks, you can store a combined weight of 200-pounds to ensure that your bikes are secure. The unit allows you to store almost any mountain bike and it can be mounted high up on the wall. All the installation hardware is included to ensure you don’t need to buy any additional tools.
- Weight Capacity: The 200-pound weight capacity should be more than enough to ensure you can hold 5 bikes.
- Weather Protected: The rack is sufficiently protected by the powder coating from all the weather elements.
- Easy Installation: With all the mounting hardware included, you should not need to worry about struggling to set it up.
- Not For Fat Bikes: Unfortunately, the hooks are small and it does not accommodate some of the fat-tire bikes.
Best-Looking Bike Rack: Steadyrack Bike Rack
If you want a smaller bike rack, you might want to consider the Steadyrack Bike Rack, which is designed to hold only one bike. It has a width of 2.4-inches and the unit is functional to hold most mountain bikes you might have. Once you have the unit mounted, the design can swing a full 180-degrees and give you more space on your floor.
Made from carbon steel, the rack is a very useful option. Is coated with zinc, which will allow you to resist the weather conditions. Keep in mind that there are four different racks you will need to choose from. The sizing for the classic rack and the fat tire rack will vary. However, the fender rack is the smallest of the lot.
- Carbon Steel: The unit is made from carbon steel, which should ensure overall durability for the user.
- Weight Capacity: For a single rack, the bike can carry a total weight of 77-pounds, which is almost enough for two bikes.
- Installation: Much like the other options, you don’t need a lot of tools to install this rack, with most of the hardware included.
- Price: This is one of the most expensive options on the market today. Unfortunately, it can only carry a single bike.
Key Features To Consider When Buying The Best Racks For Storing Bikes In The Garage
When it comes to finding these bike racks, there are numerous different options you can consider. However, some of them are more useful than others. We have used a couple of the main features in selecting these bike racks. The following rack features are the most common when selecting the best racks for storing bikes in the garage:
One needs to make sure which materials have been used for the construction of these bike racks. There are numerous options to consider, with aluminum being the lightest. However, it slightly differentiates it from the best mountain bikes. Carbon steel might be a more viable option to ensure you have a solid and durable mountain bike.
You will need to make sure that the storing rack you choose has the right capacity to ensure your bikes can securely be held. As a rule of thumb, you should look at mountain bike storing racks that have a capacity of at least 40-pounds per bike. Many of the above-mentioned options can hold bikes that weigh far more.
Finally, you will need to install these mountain bike racks when you are ready to use them. Yes, it is possible to use your tools, but not everyone has all the tools at home. We recommend that you consider looking at some of the bike racks and focus on the installation. Generally, the easy installation will mean that all the tools are included.
When selecting the best racks for storing bikes in the garage, you will need to make sure that you have considered all the facts. Your bikes might be expensive, which means you need to take care of them. The above-mentioned options are highly regarded. However, we would love to see if there are any other you think we have missed.