Sunglasses are commonly seen as an accessory. However, they can be very helpful when it comes to mountain biking. The best sunglasses for mountain biking will not only keep the sun out of your eyes and face but will also be durable and protect you. Due to the durability, you can avoid dust and other particles from entering your eyes when out on the track.
In terms of finding the right sunglasses, it can be tricky. However, there are a few key elements that are considered important, which should ensure that you find the right sunglasses for your needs. In the following article, we will explore some of these sunglasses and help you find the ideal options for your bike trips.
|Oakley Men’s Oo9442 Radar Ev Advancer Sunglasses||Plastic||38 millimeters||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Oakley Men’s Oo9401 Flight Jacket Sunglasses||Plastic||37 millimeters||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Smith Optics Attack Max ChromaPop Sunglasses||Polycarbonate Plastic||60 millimeters||$$$$$||★★★★★|
|Tifosi Dolomite 2.0 Wrap Sunglasses||Polycarbonate Plastic||Variable Sizes||$$||★★★★★|
|Tifosi Tyrant 2.0 Sunglasses||Polycarbonate Plastic||68 millimeters||$$||★★★★★|
|Photochromic Sunglasses Bike Glasses||Rubberized Plastic||50 millimeters||$$||★★★★★|
|RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses||Polycarbonate Plastic||64 millimeters||$||★★★★★|
Best Sunglasses For Mountain Biking On The Market Today
You must look at the different features of each pair of sunglasses before you buy them. Since this can be tricky, we have researched for you and the following information will help you find the best sunglasses for mountain biking. We have also included a small buyer’s guide to help you understand some of the important features.
Top Pick: Oakley Men’s Oo9442 Radar Ev Advancer Sunglasses
Oakley is one of the top brands in the world of sunglasses and while they might be expensive, the brand has built a reliable reputation. The Oakley Men’s Oo9442 Radar Ev Advancer Sunglasses. The sunglasses feature a Prizm lens, which is slightly more sophisticated but will ensure perfect color contrast and ensure you have perfect vision.
One of the standout features is the no-fog nosepiece, which enables the air to comfortably pass through the glasses. The hot air will evaporate some of the moisture, which could fog up some of the lenses. The frame and the glasses have been made from plastic to ensure it is lightweight and it has reasonable durability.
- Prizm Lens: These glasses have the perfect lenses that should ensure near perfect color contrast for the user.
- No-fog: Since fogging can be an issue, it is great to see that the nosepiece can help air evaporate and rid you of fog.
- Lightweight: Since these glasses are made from plastic, they have the perfect contrast of lightweight and durability.
- Outer Hydrophobic Coating: While this coating is very useful, we would have loved to see the coating on the inside as well.
Best Sunglasses For Bad Conditions: Oakley Men’s Oo9401 Flight Jacket Sunglasses
Nothing is more frustrating than having to deal with bad weather conditions and oftentimes, riders will take off their sunglasses to ensure they have better vision. However, the Oakley Men’s Oo9401 Flight Jacket Sunglasses are also constructed from durable plastic propionate and molded for an ergonomic feeling.
These glasses are perfect for bad conditions due to the polarized iridium. The iridium is very helpful and should ensure you can always see through the glasses. It is an additive that helps to reduce the glare from the sun and keeps the lenses clear. Due to the large protective layer at the bottom, it keeps your eyes protected from all angles.
- Polarized Iridium: The polarized iridium is designed to reduce the glare from the sun and protect your eyes.
- Bulky Design: Many people might not prefer a bulky design, but it offers more coverage and protection for your eyes.
- Durable: Much like the previous option, the lightweight plastic is perfect for using it and it should protect from stones.
- Fog Buildup: Unfortunately, it can be frustrating to use the sunglasses when you have a lot of fog that builds up.
Best Looking Sunglasses: Smith Optics Attack Max ChromaPop Sunglasses
You always need something stylish and if you have the best mountain bike, you can settle for some of the best sunglasses. The Smith Optics Attack Max ChromaPop Sunglasses are durable and they are made from polycarbonate plastic. The lenses are quite large, but they are interchangeable for different weather conditions.
Aside from the stylish design of these sunglasses, the mirror lenses will reduce some of the glare and instead of absorbing rays from the sun, it will reflect these beams to keep your eyes protected. According to the manufacturer, the Smith Optics Attack Max ChromaPop Sunglasses have 100% UV protection.
- Mirror Coating: The mirror coating looks great, but it is also great for reducing the glare on your eyes.
- Durable: The frame might be slightly flexible, but it is durable and it should hold up well in all conditions.
- UV Protection: As for the protection, UV protection protects your eyes and allows you to stare into the sun.
- Price: Unfortunately, these are some of the most expensive sunglasses on the market today and should be reserved for high-end riders.
Best Durable Sunglasses: Tifosi Dolomite 2.0 Wrap Sunglasses
In terms of durability, you always need sunglasses that are capable of withstanding the different elements. One of the top sunglasses is the Tifosi Dolomite 2.0 Wrap Sunglasses. When paired with the right mountain bike, it will look stylish, while also offering you some protection and comfort when riding through tough terrains.
The glasses have been made from polycarbonate, which is also a form of hardened plastic. However, it is much more durable than some of the other options due to the frame. One of the biggest downsides is that you cannot bend the frame. The price should make up for the downside of the frame’s flexibility when riding.
- Durable: As mentioned, polycarbonate is used as the main material and it should be extremely durable.
- Small and lightweight: These sunglasses are small and lightweight, which reduces the strain from wearing them.
- Affordable: You might notice that they are some of the cheaper options on the market today for beginners.
- Glare: Unfortunately, these sports glasses are not polarized and you might still need to deal with the glare.
Best Unisex Sunglasses: Tifosi Tyrant 2.0 Sunglasses
Not all glasses are designed for everyone. However, the Tifosi Tyrant 2.0 Sunglasses are some of the most useful sunglasses that are designed for both men and women. Once again, they have been constructed from polycarbonate plastic, which should ensure that the glasses are durable and functional for all trails.
The lens width is 68 millimeters, which makes it one of the largest lenses on the market today. Due to the large size, these lenses should comfortably wrap around your face and give you comfort. The shatterproof construction will give you the confidence to ensure you can take on almost every terrain or trails.
- Polycarbonate Construction: The polycarbonate construction is durable and made for all walks of life.
- Unisex: Since you and your wife can wear the same sunglasses, it will help you look great with your high-end bikes.
- Price: One of the biggest benefits of the Tifosi glasses is the price and the Italians have outdone themselves with the designs.
- Fog: Unfortunately, you will have to deal with the fog build up that could be frustrating for most individuals.
Best Clear Sunglasses: Photochromic Sunglasses Bike Glasses
You don’t always need dark shades to keep you safe and give you great vision. While the dark lenses are great for the sun, it is useless in wet conditions. The Photochromic Sunglasses Bike Glasses are designed with a clear set of lenses and these lenses are designed with polycarbonate plastic to give you added durability.
Instead of using the same plastic for the frame, the manufacturers have opted for the Thermoplastic rubber frame. The frame is very unique and infuses all the best features from rubber and plastic to give you a durable set of sunglasses. With such an affordable price tag, it is no wonder we have recommended it quite highly.
- Clear Lenses: The clear lenses are great for overcast conditions to ensure you have a clear vision of the trail.
- No Fog: Much like the other high-end options, it does not have any fog issues you will need to deal with.
- Price: If you are looking for something affordable, these sunglasses will be some of the best options for the price.
- Sunny Conditions: Unfortunately, you cannot use these sunglasses when it comes to sunny days and they are designed to protect your eyes.
Best Budget Sunglasses: RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses
Last but certainly not least, you don’t need to spend a ton of funds when looking for the best sunglasses. The RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses are some of the most affordable on the market today and it features a solid plastic frame. Like many of the other glasses, polycarbonate is used for the lenses to keep them durable.
They are pretty standard when you consider the design and aside from the mirror coating, these sunglasses might feel like your everyday sunglasses. According to the manufacturer, they are not only durable but also effective for all weather conditions. We would have loved to see them be more fog resistant.
- Price: The main reason for including these sunglasses is the price. They are some of the cheapest available.
- Quality Materials: You might have noticed that they have been made in Switzerland and very durable.
- Shatterproof: Having a shatterproof set of sunglasses, means you have a durable pair that could give you confidence.
- Fog Buildup: Unfortunate, these sunglasses have a lot of fog that could be frustrating to deal with.
Key Features To Look For When Buying The Best Sunglasses For Mountain Biking
After having seen some of the best sunglasses for mountain biking, you should be able to find the right one for your needs. However, we have isolated some of the important features. The following features will enable you to find any other pair of sunglasses if you don’t like the options we selected on the list.
When it comes to the frame material, your frame must be durable. However, the frame should not just be durable and stiff, but also be flexible. While plastic is often the core material used for the frame, you will find different materials being infused. Rubber can be a great material to consider for the frame.
There are so many different lens features that one can consider. However, polycarbonate is the best material to consider and it offers you durability. Generally, polycarbonate is shatterproof as well. However, the lenses need to be UV protective. If you are using them in the sun, it is helpful to have a mirror coating to reduce glare.
Lastly, you will need to consider the style of the glasses. It is important that if you have one of the best mountain bikes, your glasses and other accessories should match. The style of these glasses can help you look great and more confident. We have noticed that when people look or feel more confident and boosts their confidence.
If you want a better mountain bike experience, the best sunglasses for mountain biking can help you look great and offer you some style. These sunglasses might only be considered an accessory, but aside from the label, they are useful. If you don’t use them while mountain biking, one can use them in different sporting events.