One of the main things that we like to stress when doing mountain bike reviews is comfort. Regardless of your mountain bike, it is important to have some level of comfort and ensure your bike is perfect for your riding needs. The Best Mountain Bike Dropper Seat Posts are functional and will enable you to quickly adjust the seat of the mountain bike on the fly.
Recently, mountain bike dropper seat posts have evolved significantly and technology has greatly improved to ensure comfort for all the riders. Since there are many of these dropper seat posts on the market, beginners can find it hard to get their hands on the right one. The following article will help you find the right one for your needs.
|RockShox Reverb AXS with Remote||Wireless||100mm, 125mm, 150mm, 175mm||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Magura USA Vyron Elect Dropper Seatpost||Wireless||100mm, 125mm, 150mm||$$$||★★★★★|
|Fox Racing Shox Performance Series Dropper CR Seatpost||Hydraulic||100 mm, 125 mm, 150 mm||$$||★★★★★|
|Fox Transfer Seatpost||Hydraulic||100mm, 125mm, 150mm, 175mm||$$||★★★★★|
|KS Lev Integra Dropper Seatpost||Hydraulic/Wireless||65mm, 100mm, 125mm, 150mm, 175mm||$$$||★★★★★|
|Bike Yoke Revive Dropper Seatpost||Hydraulic||125mm, 160mm, 185mm||$$||★★★★★|
Top 6 Mountain Bike Dropper Seat Posts
Before we dive into some of the key features of the top options, we must consider the Best Mountain Bike Dropper Seat Posts to give you some insight into some of the special features and allows you to find the best option. In the following section, we have identified a few of the top dropper seat posts on the market today.
Top Pick: RockShox Reverb AXS with Remote
The RockShox Reverb AXS with Remote forms part of the SRAM collection of dropper seat posts. It might be one of the most expensive options, but since the unit is controlled directly via the remote control, it has more functionality. It is one of the smoothest operating units and features a clear groupset for easy setup and assembly.
The RockShox Reverb AXS with Remote gives your mountain bike a clean look and due to the setup that does not require any additional cables, it is much easier to ride without them being in the way. It has tons of durability and the fast-action means you can adjust the dropper seat post virtually any time you need to.
- Wireless: With the electronic design, you don’t need to worry about being tangled in wires and cables when riding.
- Clean Look: one of the best features is the clean look of the unit. Once you have it set up, it will fit almost any bike.
- Battery: Since the unit comes with a remote control, you need to deal with the electronic aspect as well. These batteries can last up to 40-hours.
- Expensive: Much like the top mountain bikes, this is one of the most expensive options currently on the market.
Best Electronic Dropper Seat Post : Magura USA Vyron Elect Dropper Seatpost
As a beginner, you might invest in something cheaper. However, you will quickly come to find that clutter and cables can be very frustrating to deal with. The Magura USA Vyron Elect Dropper Seatpost is another option that features a wireless remote. It does not require any cables and makes your riding experience that much simpler.
One of the main reasons we have included the seat post dropper is the functionality. If you have the Magura shocks, you can even adjust the stiffness of these components using the remote control. It tends to add all the features you might need to one controller. Additionally, the assembly is straightforward.
- Switch: If you have more than one bike, you should be able to easily switch the dropper seat post between your bikes.
- Versatility: As we have mentioned, with the right suspension system, you can use the remote to control it as well.
- No Clutter: The biggest benefit is the fact that you don’t need to deal with any cluttering of cables around the frame.
- Charging: One of the biggest downsides is the battery and it can feel like ages while the battery is charging.
Best Hydraulic Dropper Seat Post: Fox Racing Shox Performance Series Dropper CR Seatpost
Cycling accessories can often be hard to pick, especially when you don’t know which brands to consider. Much like the best mountain bike gloves, FOX Racing is one of the best options for accessories. The Fox Racing Shox Performance Series Dropper CR Seatpost is one of the top hydraulic options on the market today and features many benefits.
While the unit might come with cables, you have the benefit of setting them up to suit your needs. The cable junctions have numerous pivot angles that enable the user to set them up in a comfortable position. Additionally, the dropper seat post is comfortable and will make it ideal for anyone to use on a mountain bike.
- Reliable: The unit is constructed from anodized aluminum, which makes it durable. However, it also keeps the weight to a minimum.
- Double Lever: regardless of your bike, you have the double lever design, which can be added to either side of the bike.
- Tool-Free Setup: You don’t need to worry about specific tools and the unit can be set up with just your hands and bike.
- Cables: There are still cables to deal with, which can cause some form of clutter
Best Looking Dropper Seat Post: Fox Transfer Seatpost
If you want a stylish seat post, which looks unique, you might be interested in the Fox Transfer Seatpost. The seat post is constructed from durable aluminum but features a copper-like appearance. The additional Kashima coating is what gives it the copper look, but also makes the unit more functional to operate.
Since the unit is designed by FOX, you are almost guaranteed that you will get great value for your money. The entire design of the unit is simple and while you need to deal with cables, the hydraulic operation makes it fast to use. It might be a bit expensive, but you will find it tough to match the quality features of this unit.
- Fashionable: The Kashima coating is something unique and makes the unit stand out from the others.
- Reliable Brand: As you might have seen in recent articles, we love to focus on the most reliable brands for the value they provide.
- Smooth Operation: It might take a bit more work to activate the dropper seat post, but the operation is very smooth.
- Expensive: It might not have the same price as the wireless options, but it is one of the more expensive hydraulic options.
Best Hardtail Bike Dropper Seat Post: KS Lev Integra Dropper Seatpost
The best hardtail mountain bike is great for climbing. However, the right seat post dropper can make life easier on the ride. The KS Lev Integra Dropper Seatpost is constructed from durable aluminum and operates using the hydraulics. However, you can choose to upgrade it to wireless if you want to spend the funds.
The unit operates without flaws and makes it very easy for beginners to get into adjusting their seat posts. As we have mentioned, the primary goal of the design is targeted towards hardtail bike enthusiasts. The standard design of this seat post dropper is reasonably priced from a great brand and reliable support services.
- Hardtail Bike: The seat post dropper can work on any bike, but it seems to be more fluid when on the hardtail bikes.
- Remote Control: The original option does not include the remote control. However, you can upgrade to the remote control if need be.
- 27.2mm Compatible: If you want your seat post at 27.2mm, this is one of the only options that will still allow it.
- Expensive Upgrades: If you want to add the remote control, you will notice that it is a bit expensive to add.
Best Self-Operating Seat Post Dropper: Bike Yoke Revive Dropper Seatpost
From time to time, you might want to think outside the box and find something that can make your life easier. The Bike Yoke Revive Dropper Seatpost features a self-bleeding system that will enable you to enjoy your ride and care less about the dropper. You can do all of this on the trail and have it assembled for the next ride.
When it comes to durability, it is hard to fault the quality of German Engineering. The product is constructed in Germany and will offer you incredible durability. For the design, the manufacturers have opted for aircraft-grade aluminum, which ensures the maximum durability possible. The 4mm relief valve is great for stubborn air in the dropper.
- German Engineering: It might not be important to everyone, but the durability of the product is off the charts.
- Self-bleeding: You can be the ultimate trail mechanic with the self-bleeding feature of the dropper seat post.
- All Bikes: The unit is also compatible with virtually any mountain bike you can think of, and will offer you value for your money.
- If the unit had a wireless feature, it could easily be the number one pick on our list of the best mountain bike dropper seat posts
5 Key Features To Consider When Looking For The Best Mountain Bike Dropper Seat Posts
Items like dropper seat posts are impulsive buys for many people. However, you might want to scan through some of these features before you consider the right option. We have also used these features in an attempt to find the right options. Here is what you will need to look for in the top mountain bike dropper seat posts:
The materials of these seat posts are straightforward. You will find that most of these components have been constructed from durable aluminum. The aluminum is lightweight, which means it does not add any additional weight to the bike. It is also one of the strongest materials, with the same properties as solid steel.
Nowadays, you will find that these dropper seat posts are available in multiple types. The previous versions were always made with a hydraulic design that needs cables to be operated. However, the wireless versions now offer you a remote control. Unfortunately, these options tend to be a bit more expensive.
One also needs to look at the level of adjustments that can be made. There are many fixed versions of these dropper seat posts, but they require you to mechanically adjust them. The hydraulic versions can offer you adjustability on the fly, making them ideal for some of the fastest mountain bike trails you might want to ride.
If you don’t choose the wireless option, you have cables that need to be assembled on the bike. You can choose the internal or the external routing and while both of them are effective, the internal routing will keep the cables out of your way. However, it can add a bit more weight to the bike and spike the price of the unit.
Buying a dropper seat post does not stop with the product. Unfortunately, there are a few accessories that one also needs to keep in mind. The clamp on the seat is one of these that needs to be compatible, or you will need to change it. Additionally, the diameter will have a direct influence on the seat that you can set up.
With all of these features, you should now be ready to set up your dropper seat post and find the one, which is most compatible with your bike. It might not always be easy, but using the buyer’s guide we provided will make life easier. The difference in comfort while riding will be worth the investment.