While traveling outdoors with your mountain bike is fun, the transport aspect is always one of these issues for many people. A good mountain bike trailer is one of the best options one can consider to ensure travel is easy. Additionally, some of these trailers can allow individuals to transport more than one mountain bike.
While there are tons of different mountain bike trailers on the market today. We have selected some of the most useful options that will ensure your traveling is secure. Instead of having to drive multiple times with your bike for miles to reach a destination; you can simply use the best mountain bike trailer. The following guide will make it easier for you to find the right one.
|Weight||Weight Capacity||Number Of Wheels||Price||Rating|
|Burley Coho XC Single Wheel Suspension Cargo Bike Trailer||21.5-pounds||70-pounds||1-wheel||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Instep Bike Trailer||20-pounds||40-pounds||2-wheels||$$||★★★★★|
|Schwinn Day Tripper Cargo Bike Trailer||25-pounds||100-pounds||2-wheels||$$||★★★★★|
|Burley Flatbed Utility Cargo Bike Trailer||12.9-pounds||100-pounds||2-wheels||$$||★★★★★|
|Schwinn Joyrider and Trailblazer Bike Trailer||40-pounds||92-pounds||3-wheels||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Burley Design Tail Wagon Bike Trailer||20-pounds||75-pounds||2-wheels||$$$$||★★★★★|
Best Mountain Bike Trailer On The Market
Before we have a look at some of the top features, we must have a look at the products. There are tons of different mountain bike trailers available today. However, we have identified some of the top options. The following mountain bike trailers will be useful for all individuals traveling with mountain bikes:
Top Pick: Burley Coho XC Single Wheel Suspension Cargo Bike Trailer
The Burley Coho XC Single Wheel Suspension Cargo Bike Trailer is one of the best options on the market. The unit features a decent capacity, and it will enable you to carry at least one mountain bike. A fast hitching system has been used, which enables you to effectively hitch the unit to almost any of your bikes.
A height-adjustable kickstand is located on top of the unit, which enables you to set up the trailer in the best possible position for your bike. You can additionally adjust the width of the unit to ensure the bike fits comfortably. Removing the side panels will ensure that the bike trailer can be widened to ensure it is more comfortable for transport.
- Durable: Due to the materials used for the trailer, it remains one of the most durable options on the market today.
- Adjustable: Individuals can adjust the hitch trailer to ensure that it is the right width and comfortable for travel.
- Quick Hitch: It features a basic hitching system that is easy to change and to set up on most bikes when needed.
- Weight: The only downside is the weight of the unit, which might be a bit heavy when compared to others.
Best Bike Trailer For Kids: Instep Bike Trailer
If you have a toddler, it does not mean that you cannot go on your favorite mountain bike trails. The Instep Bike Trailer is designed specifically for toddlers to enjoy traveling with their parents. The trailer is unique while allowing you to fold the unit once you are done and it needs to be packed away or stored.
A versatile bicycle coupler is attached to the front of the unit. The coupler allows the unit to hitch to almost every different bike you can find. The 16-inch pneumatic tires are slightly larger than many of the others, which means the unit can take on tough terrains you can use it when on bumpy bike trails.
- Toddler Design: Instead of being a flatbed trailer, the trailer has a comfortable seat for your toddlers when traveling.
- Adjustable Coupler: The adjustable coupler means that the bike trailer can be attached to almost every bike.
- Weight Capacity: Since the trailer is not made for the transport of goods, the 40-pound weight capacity is more than enough for toddlers.
- Replacement Parts: It is hard to replace the tubes in the tires once they are damaged and puncture.
Best Cargo Trailer: Schwinn Day Tripper Cargo Bike Trailer
Once you want to travel to the beach or any recreational spot with your bike, you often need to drive with your car to ensure you have all your belongings. However, the Schwinn Day Tripper Cargo Bike Trailer is one of the best options, which features a large storage capacity to ensure you can travel with your cargo.
The trailer features a solid steel frame, which ensures you can carry a large weight capacity. It has an overall capacity of 100-pounds. The unit features large 16-inch tires, which should be ideal for most individuals to have a comfortable ride with their bike. Once you are done with the trailer, it can be folded for storage.
- Holds 100-pounds: If you are used to transporting a lot of goods, the trailer can allow you to carry up to 100-pounds.
- Durable: As mentioned, it is one of the most durable options on the market today with a solid steel frame.
- Folding Frame: The foldable frame of the unit makes it possible to store the unit once you are done with it.
- Cheap Wheels: Once again, the wheels are cheap and lack durability when compared to top mountain bikes.
Best Flatbed Bike Trailer: Burley Flatbed Utility Cargo Bike Trailer
If you want more transport space, you might want to look at a flatbed trailer. The Burley Flatbed Utility Cargo Bike Trailer is designed with a flatbed shape from one of the leading designers on the market today. The two-wheeled design means you have more storage capacity. Additionally, it can hold up to 100-pounds.
In terms of the hitching, it is very easy to hitch the trailer to your bike. There are tons of couplers, but having a universal coupler means you can attach it to any bike. We also love the sidewalls, which can be flattened and will ensure that you have additional storage space. The total weight of the unit is a mere 12-pounds due to the aircraft-grade aluminum frame.
- Weight Capacity: It is worth noting that the unit can hold up to 100-pounds in total weight capacity.
- Lightweight: You only have 12-pounds of weight on the frame that needs to be hauled along on your trip.
- Versatile Coupler: Since the unit features a versatile coupler, it means that it can be attached to almost any bike.
- Thin Floor: Unfortunately, the floor lacks a little durability due to the vinyl design and thin layer of material.
Best Double Baby Carrier Trailer: Schwinn Joyrider and Trailblazer Bike Trailer
If you have a large toddler or two children that you would like to take along on your trips, you might want to consider the Schwinn Joyrider and Trailblazer Bike Trailer. It is one of the bigger options designed to make life easier for children while including a net that will keep the sun out of the face when traveling.
The unit features wheels, which are larger than most at 20-inches. However, it will be ideal for most of the larger mountain bikes that are used for tough trails. The unit can hold up to 80-pounds for the kid’s section. However, an additional 12-pounds are included for storing some of your additional accessories or baby gear.
- Large Wheels: The unit features 20-inch wheels, which makes it comfortable for some of the larger bikes.
- Weight Capacity: Since storing up to 92-pounds is possible, you can add a lot of gear and accessories to the bike.
- Stability: Since the unit features 3-wheels, it is slightly more stable than some of the others that only have 2-wheels.
- Price: The biggest downside is the price and it features a steep price tag when compared to some of the others.
Best Bike Trailer For Transport: Burley Design Tail Wagon Bike Trailer
While most of the hitch trailers have an open design for transporting goods and accessories, the Burley Design Tail Wagon Bike Trailer has a closed net for transportation. The design means that all your personal belongings will be kept safe and it is also possible to transport some of your pets when you feel the need.
The unit is made from lightweight materials, which ensures that it is less than 20-pounds in total weight and should be easy to hitch to your bike. The 75-pound weight capacity is ideal for transporting some of your gear. Additionally, one can fold the unit once you are done with the trailer want to store it in your home.
- Lightweight: The unit is similar to many of the high-end bikes with a full aluminum design for the frame.
- Foldable: Once you are done with the bike trailer, you can simply fold it for storage in your home.
- Reliable Brand: Having a reliable brand means you will get some great value for your money and support from the manufacturers.
- Price: It might be a powerful and effective bike trailer. However, it is still one of the most expensive options.
Top Features To Consider When Choosing The Best Mountain Bike Trailer
Having seen the different bike trailers, you must look at some of the main features before choosing the best mountain bike trailer. There are tons of features one might need to look at before making the decision. However, we have selected some of the basic options that could make the decision easier for you:
There are tons of different trailers on the market today. You will notice that some of them are designed with seats, while others are for the transportation of goods. You must decide whether you want to use a trailer for transporting your children or your personal goods when you are traveling to different locations.
Since you will be the one carrying the trailer when it is attached to your bike, you will need to keep the weight of the product in mind. If the trailer is too heavy, it does not matter what the weight capacity is since it will make your trip harder. You mustn’t make the trip any harder than it needs to be.
Since the trailers are designed to carry your personal belongings and your friends or family, you will need to look at the weight capacity. The weight capacity is important to ensure that you can carry all the belongings you will need. We recommend that the weight capacity is at least around 80-pounds to make it useful.
Finally, you will need to look at the overall design of these trailers. You must look at the wheels and see if they are the right size and comfortable enough for your bike. Whether the bike trailer is foldable or not will also have an impact. It is better to be foldable and to make sure that it can be stored when not in use.
Once you have seen all the features and you are ready to buy the best mountain bike trailer, you will see how easy it can be to find the right one and how easy it can make your life. We recommend all the above-mentioned options for the value they offer and the overall design.