After the tumultuous year of 2020 that has seen many sporting events draw to a halt, 2021 brings new hope and with it new technology. In the biking sector, many people have started their preparations for the New Year and new bikes are at the forefront of the conversation. The best mountain bikes 2021 is a great investment for riders that are aiming for success in 2021.
In the following article, we will look at some of the brand new bikes that are coming out for 2021. Many of these bikes might already be released, but they are designed with specs and technology that will make them viable for 2021. Keep in mind that some of these bikes might only be released later in 2021 and they are not yet available.
|Trek Supercaliber 9.8 GX||Hardtail Carbon Fiber||SRAM Eagle GX 12-Speed||Shimano Deore XT M8100 Hydraulic Disc||$$$$$||★★★★★|
|S-Works Turbo Levo||Full-Suspension Electric||SRAM XG 12-Speed||SRAM Hydraulic Disc||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Canyon Torque 8||Full-Suspension Carbon Fiber||Shimano Deore XT 12-Speed||Shimano Deore XT M8100 Hydraulic Disc||$$$||★★★★★|
|BMC Twostroke 01 One||Hardtail Carbon Fiber||SRAM Eagle GX 10 12-Speed||SRAM Level TLM Hydraulic Disc||$$$$||★★★★★|
|Trek Procaliber 9.6 Mountain Bike||Hardtail Carbon Fiber||Shimano SLX M7100 12-Speed||Shimano MT410 Hydraulic Disc Brakes||$$||★★★★★|
|Specialized Men’s Stumpjumper EVO||Hardtail Aluminum||SRAM Eagle NX 12-Speed||SRAM R HYdraulic Disc Brakes||$$||★★★★★|
Best Mountain Bikes 2021 On The Market Today
Before we dive into the general analysis of features to show you which components are the most important, we have decided to look at the best mountain bikes 2021 that could make your life easier and more fun. The following bikes will range in price, but you should have a good idea of what you might be able to find in the next year or so.
Top Pick: Trek Supercaliber 9.8 GX
The first bike on our list is also one of the most expensive, but the Trek Supercaliber 9.8 GX is a cross-country bike designed with comfort in mind for the rider. The bike features an OCLV Mountain Carbon Fiber frame, with a carbon fiber fork that will ensure that the bike remains lightweight and durable at the same time.
The SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain is one of the newer shifter and drivetrain combinations that has been designed for this bike series. It will ensure smooth shifting and make it possible for the rider to have a comfortable speed. The Shimano Deore XT M8100 hydraulic disc brakes are included for optimal stopping power.
- Sleek Design: The design does not translate to the features, but one cannot look past the sleek design of this bike.
- Tires: These tires are slightly larger than some of the other bikes and it has a tire width of around 2.2-inches.
- Drivetrain: We all know the SRAM Eagle, but the new GX version is one of the most sought after that came out in 2020.
- Price: As mentioned, it is one of the most expensive options on the market today, which might not bode well with beginners.
Best Electric Mountain Bike: S-Works Turbo Levo
When looking for the best mountain bikes, many people look past the top electric bikes. These bikes tend to be heavy, but they can make cycling that much easier. The S-Works Turbo Levo is one of the top options that was released in 2020. However, it comes with brand new upgrades specifically designed for the 2021 season.
The bike features a full carbon fiber frame, which makes the bike lightweight, but will retain as much durability as possible. The SRAM AXS Eagle Controller is one of the top methods of changing your gears and making them comfortable for a beginner. However, you can still change it from the shifters that are provided on the handlebars.
- Electric Bike: We rarely look at the electric bike, but they have great features and make it easier for beginners.
- Upgraded 2021 Specs: As mentioned, the bike was already released in 2020, but some of the new features are designed for 2021.
- Power Output: Once you activate the electric remote control, it will have a 700-watt power output for speed.
- Weight: The biggest downside is that the additional batteries and features will add a lot of weight to the bike.
Best Full-Suspension Bike: Canyon Torque 8
Canyon is also one of the biggest designers of mountain bikes. The Canyon Torque 8 is one of the best-looking bikes on the list. It features a full carbon fiber frame, but a dual-suspension. The dual suspension means that trail riders will enjoy going downhill with the bike. It should absorb most of the shock you endure.
Instead of sticking to the SRAM brand, Canyon has collaborated with the Shimano Deore XT 12-speed drivetrain that will propel the bike forward and allow you to reach the speeds that you need to. In many of the newer bikes, we have seen that the Shimano Deore XT M8120 Hydraulic Disc Brakes are now becoming popular.
- Full-Suspension: The full-suspension design is great for downhill trails and will reduce the shock on your body.
- Shimano Kit: Since all the accessories are set up from one brand, it is easier to replace and maintain them when needed.
- Price: It might be a new bike, but it is not as expensive when looking at some of the top bikes on the list.
- Assembly: Once you receive the bike, the assembly can be a bit frustrating for those who only like to cycle.
Best Hardtail Mountain Bike: BMC Twostroke 01 One
BMC is not one of the brands that we come across often. The brand is known for being more of a road bike option and they have some of the top road bikes on the market today. When looking at competitive cycling, they have designed the bikes for the BMC team in the Tour De France, but the BMC Twostroke 01 One is part of a new series for 2021.
The bike features a carbon fiber frame, but the radical geometry feature means that each side of the bike will be perfectly balanced. The SRAM GX Eagle 10 cassette forms part of the drivetrain to give you versatility, while the SRAM Level TLM hydraulic disc brakes are included for additional stopping power and stability.
- Climbing: The bike is designed and marketed for climbing due to the hardtail frame that will reduce the drag.
- Drivetrain: SRAM has released the new GX Eagle drivetrain set, which is prominent on many of the 2021 bikes.
- Dropper Post: It is worth noting that the bike is already compatible with most dropper seat posts available.
- Shocks: One of the biggest downsides that we suspect will be the lack of a rear shock for riders that take on tough trails.
Best Budget Bike: Trek Procaliber 9.6 Mountain Bike
Trek is one of the leading brands in the world of mountain bikes, and it is no surprise to see them make a second entry on the list. The Trek Procaliber 9.6 Mountain Bike is one of the cheaper options for 2021, but it still comes with all the high-end features you will need when taking on different trails and terrains. It works great for steep climbs.
The OCLV carbon fiber frame is a new addition in 2020 year, but it spills over to the best mountain bikes 2021. The frame is lightweight and will retain its durability throughout your cycling journey. The bike features a Shimano SLX M7100 drivetrain, which offers you 12-speeds to work with, while the MT410 hydraulic disc brakes from Shimano will offer you stopping power.
- Drivetrain: The bike features a unique drivetrain that will not force you to break the bank and still offer you versatility.
- Design: It has a state of the art design that is sure to draw some attention when you use it on public trails.
- Price: We have mentioned that it is one of the most affordable options on the market today compared to the others.
- Untested: Unfortunately, it is a new bike to the market and this means that not all of the features are tested.
Best 2021 Mountain Bike: Specialized Men’s Stumpjumper EVO
If you are looking for something unique, you might want to consider looking at the Specialized Men’s Stumpjumper EVO. It is not a standard bike, but features a rugged design that is made for taking a lot of damage and punishment. The bike is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum and features an incredibly durable external design.
The large 29-inch wheels should definitely make it ideal for some of the larger riders. With the SRAM hydraulic disc brakes, it is one of the best options when it comes to adding stopping power to your bike. The SRAM NX 12-speed drivetrain is highly rated for the 2021 bikes and would give you effective shifting of the gears.
- Affordable: Compared to many of the other high-end bikes, it is definitely one of the cheaper options for your budget buyers.
- Drivetrain: The SRAM Eagle NX is one of the leading options going into the New Year for high-end bikes.
- Dual Disc Brakes: Having hydraulic disc brakes at the front and rear of the bike means you have definitive stopping power when you need it.
- Weight: Since it is made from aluminum, the bikes tends to be slightly heavier than normal and less durable.
Key Features To Consider When Looking For The Best Mountain Bikes 2021
We have selected a couple of the top mountain bikes on the market that will be available in 2021. While some of these are currently available, the upgrades on them can only be on the 2021 versions. However, the following features are what we used to discern which of these bikes are the best and whether they are good enough to make our list of best mountain bikes 2021:
The release date is not something we always pay a lot of attention to. However, it is one of the main criteria we used for this article. Many people want bikes for 2021 and the bikes had a release date that is either in 2021 or close to 2021. Many of these bikes have upgrades and improvements that are only available in 2021.
As a buyer, you will need to understand which purpose the bike will serve. If you love downhill trails, you might want to consider the full-suspension mountain bike. However, these bikes can have a lot of drag. Some of the best trail bikes are hardtail bikes, which makes it much easier to climb over most slopes.
Your brakes are a fundamental part of the bike and they will give you the confidence to stop the bike when needed. Good brakes will ensure that the bike stops dead when you need it to stop. Hydraulic disc brakes are the most common at this price level. However, mechanical disc brakes can also serve a purpose when you need something cheaper.
The drivetrain is one of the features that will help you propel the bike forward and it ensures that you can ride at your own pace. When looking at the best bikes, you don’t need something with more than 12-speeds. The top drivetrains are generally SRAM or Shimano, but we cannot determine which brand is the best.
When looking at the best mountain bikes 2021, it is worth noting that there are tons of options that will still come out. The above-written article is by no means complete and we would encourage you to check back regularly as we update the bikes. We must try to find all of the top new releases for 2021.